Fundraiser*: Barn Star Quilt
* $100 dollars from the sale of this quilt will be donated to The While Helmets and Independent Doctor’s Association, via Together Rising, to help:
- to purchase and fully equip two ambulances with medicine and medical supplies for 6 months, and enable The White Helmets to rescue children and vulnerable people trapped in the rubble;
- equip the mobile hospital – which is arriving in Aleppo on Christmas Day – with medicine and supplies for serving the injured;
- to help Independent Doctor’s Association fund the planning of the first pediatric hospital in the region; and
- to continue to fund the work of the Help Refugees volunteer network devoted to delivering people to safety.
This quilt will add a bit of folk style to any home. With bold red and grey radiating points it is reminiscent of a large barn star welcoming you to the old farmstead. I designed this quilt thinking that this would make a fun wall hanging, wedding back drop or simply a great quilt for snuggling under.
It is a modern take on a traditional quilting style and is hand quilted to celebrate the rich historical tradition of quilting.
Made with unbleached muslin, red linen and black essex linen, and backed in denim, this throw size quilt is composes of a central six pointed star.*
The use of linen makes this quilt warm and soft. As it is washed the quilt will become softer and softer and it will have a lovely drape. The quilt has been backed in the softest denim which gives it strength and durability.
Made with natural batting and cotton binding. The quilt is hand quilted with cotton pearl thread.
Approx. size: 47 x 54 inches
Use well and wash in the gentle cycle. Dry on low or hang to dry.
All quilts are packed with care and shipped via USPS Priority Mail Shipping, unless otherwise specified.
A gift note can be included. Please specify at the time of purchase.
* please note that this quilt, unlike most Lesser Bear quilts, is not made with naturally dyed fabrics